Quick Start Guides and Phone User Manuals
Frequently Asked Questions
SIMS, SIGNALS AND RECEPTION:
- How do I insert my SIM card?
For detailed steps, consult the Quick Start Guide for your model phone, which are listed at the top of this page.
Briefly, though, inserting a SIM works like so:
- Power off the phone
- Carefully pry open the case
- Remove the battery
- Insert the SIM according to the diagram
- Put the battery back in
- Power on the phone
- I can’t get a signal.
This is likely related to your SIM card or network availability. If your signal is very weak, contact your carrier to make sure they have enough coverage in the area. This will help eliminate the carrier as a variable.
- What steps should I follow if I get no signal at all?
- Double check to make sure your SIM card is inserted properly as displayed on the phone.
- If you are using a SIM card adapter, you may need to contact your wireless provider to get the properly sized SIM card.
- Verify your SIM card has clean contacts.
- Verify your APN settings are correct as per your carrier’s requirements.
- Make sure Data is turned on by going to SETTINGS and turning on Mobile Data.
- Why won’t my phone receive any picture messages or data?
Check to make sure your PREFERRED SIM SETTINGS are set to the correct SIM card slot. You can verify this by tapping SETTINGS> Dual SIM settings.
- I can’t send any picture messages (MMS). What should I do?
- Clear the cache for the Messenger app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps. Swipe left until you bring up the All Apps column. Scroll down and find the Messaging app. Tap the Clear Cache button. Do NOT press the Clear Data button as this will destroy your messaging history.
- Add a “1” to the beginning of the number you are sending the MMS to. Instead of (###)###-####, change the number in contacts to 1(###)###-####
- Contact your service provider to verify you are using the correct APN setting and your SIM card is working properly.
- Check with your service provider to ensure that their network allows unlocked phones to send MMS.
- How do I find my IMEI number?
- Power up your Nuu Mobile device and open up the dial pad
- Enter the code *#06# and your IMEI number should appear on your screen.
- Your IMEI number will also be on the box the phone came in.
POWER, ACCESS CODES AND ACCESSORIES:
- My NUU Mobile Smartphone will not turn on.
Hold the Power button for 2 seconds
Make sure your unit is plugged in and charging
Verify the battery is properly installed
- I cannot access my phone because I forgot the unlock code.
If you set up your Google account on your phone, you can access Google’s Android Device Manager (https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager) in order to forcibly reset your Lock screen password.
If all else fails, contact Technical Support and we can help you factory-reset the phone. Please have your police paperwork handy.
- My NUU Mobile phone battery does not seem to be lasting as long as I expected.
Check to see how many apps you have running as this can quickly drain your battery.
Go to SETTINGS > DEVICE > BATTERY for a list of which apps use how much battery. You may need to adjust app settings to compensate.
You can use the “Recent Apps” Menu to close your apps. Making this a common habit will greatly increase your battery usage.
You can expect your NUU Mobile Smartphone to get you through the work day with moderate to heavy usage. Below is the expected battery life for each phone:
GENERAL USAGE AND UPDATES:
- How can I update my phone’s software?
On your home screen, tap “Settings”. Scroll down and select “About Phone”. Then tap “System Update”. If updates are available, you’ll see them here.
- How do I take screenshots?
Press and hold the Volume – button and Power button simultaneously for 1 second. You will see the screen flash and the captured screenshot will appear in notifications if you have them turned on.
- My phone seems to be running very slow.
Close any apps you are not using, as many background apps can take up valuable resources required for speedy operation.
You can also go to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS and move some applications to the MicroSD Card to help free up space.
There are many 3rd party apps that can help monitor usage and ensure unnecessary apps are not running.
WARRANTY ISSUES AND REPAIRS:
- Will rooting my phone void the 2 year Limited Warranty?
We do not recommend that you root your phone, as we can only offer technical support of the factory-installed operating system. In the event rooting your phone causes your device to become unusable, please call technical support so they can help you attempt to factory-reset your phone.
Please Note: You will lose all data with a factory reset, but it is a last resort to resolving your phone issues.
- What is your warranty & return policy?
We offer a 2 year Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty on all NUU Mobile devices. The included battery has a 1 year Limited Warranty.
If you purchased from a retailer, you must follow their return policy. NUU Mobile cannot give you a refund or accept your return if you purchased from someone other than docker.dev
If you purchased directly from docker.dev, you have 14 days to return the product.
- What should I do if my NUU Mobile Smartphone is defective out of the box?
Contact Technical support immediately 033 121 0329. Please have your proof of purchase handy, as it will be required for any mail-in service or replacement.
We will troubleshoot to resolve your issue, or we will make sure we get you a NEW replacement sent out immediately.
Do not worry about return shipping of your defective product, we will provide you with a prepaid return label.
- Do I need to provide a proof of purchase to get warranty support?
We may ask you a couple of questions when you call in to verify your device is covered. Generally your serial number (S/N) is all we need to verify the product warranty, but you should have your proof of purchase handy just in case.
In the event you purchased the unit second hand, we are still happy to offer you technical support over the phone.
- What types of issues are not covered by the warranty?
If user damage is the cause of your problems, your warranty would be void. User damage includes but is not limited to water damage, broken touch screens and damaged ports.
- Can I get service after my warranty expires or if I broke my phone and it is not covered under warranty?
Please call technical support for more details on repair options.
ABOUT UNLOCKED CELL PHONES
- What are unlocked smartphones?
Many wireless service providers put software “locks” on smartphones to ensure the devices can only be used on specific networks. This limits the user’s ability to use the device on a competing network unless it is unlocked. Unlocked smartphones do not have restrictive software locks, allowing consumers to choose network providers the same way they choose devices: based on price and features.
NUU Mobile’s unlocked Android™ smartphones provide an alternative option to rigid, long-term contracts for mobile consumers by offering smartphones with the latest technology, increased flexibility and exceptional quality at more accessible prices.
- Why do carriers lock phones?
Devices sold through service providers are often heavily discounted in exchange for a required contract, often years in length and subject to termination fees if the customer decides to cancel. Software locks ensure the devices will be active for a specific period of time on the network of the provider that has subsidized the device purchase price.
Unlocked smartphones from NUU Mobile allow for portability between most networks at an affordable price, without sacrificing quality or performance. NUU Mobile offers a variety of models for every need and budget – from the entry-level A1 and A3L to the lifestyle-minded N5L and new X4 models, or the luxury Z8.
- Why should I use an unlocked smartphone?
The biggest advantage of having an unlocked phone is the freedom to choose a carrier without signing a long-term contract. This is especially attractive for consumers who like to “shop around” for the best carrier deals and don’t want to be restricted by costly termination fees.
NUU Mobile unlocked smartphones are perfect for people who are new to smartphones, want the freedom to choose a carrier without a long-term contract, or want all the features of an expensive brand at a more reasonable price.
- Can I keep my existing carrier with an unlocked smartphone?
That depends on which carrier you’re using. Different carrier networks use different technologies for connectivity, and these technologies vary by region and country. Because each network is different, your device may not work across all carriers, or certain features may not work well (if at all).
- Will an unlocked smartphone work on all carrier networks?
No. Your device must be compatible with the network technology used by the carrier. The two most common network technologies used in the U.S. are GSM and CDMA. Devices are optimized to work with service providers’ specific networks and will not work across non-compatible networks.
NUU Mobile unlocked Android smartphones use GSM network technologies.
- Are unlocked smartphones the same as ‘prepaid’ phones?
No. For prepaid phones, it’s the carrier network costs that are prepaid. Prepaid devices are tied to a specific network and carrier, while unlocked phones can be activated on any compatible network.
- Do unlocked smartphones support the most recent Android OS versions?
It depends on the model selected. Newer unlocked devices like the NUU Mobile X3 are built on the Android™ KitKat 4.4 operating system and will be upgradeable to Lollipop 5.0, while older devices may not be updateable.
NUU Mobile uses the most current Android™ OS when manufacturing their devices; phones are currently being manufactured with Android™ 5.0 Lollipop.
- Do unlocked smartphones have the same features as expensive Android models?
Absolutely! Depending on the model and price, unlocked Android™ smartphones from NUU Mobile are available with high-quality front and rear cameras, speedy microprocessors, dual SIM cards, expandable microSD™ memory slots and removable lithium-polymer batteries.
- Do unlocked smartphones offer the same speed and connectivity as other models?
Yes. Depending on the carrier network technology, unlocked smartphones offer the same connection speed and performance as locked devices. The NUU Mobile X3 and X1 have full 4G LTE compatibility and speedy Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 1.2 GHz Quad Core processors, comparable to the big-name brands.
- Will my unlocked smartphone work internationally?
Maybe. International calling features depend on the carrier network, the country where you’ll be using the device and whether you want voice, data or both. Because unlocked smartphones can be used on a variety of carrier networks, it’s always best to check with the carrier about international connectivity.
We are here for you
If you do not find what you are looking for on this help page, please contact us for further information